Christmas Bubbles & Wines
Members Only Event
Friday, December 5, 2014
6:30pm - 10pm
The ANZWS have a had a quiet fall so now it's time to celebrate the Holiday season
and get you ready for Christmas. Enjoy some of the fine foods that have made Epicuria
one of the foremost catering companies with
an array of both Australian & New Zealand bubblies,
some smooth Australian & New Zealand reds,
refreshing Rieslings and Sauvignon Blancs.
We're planning to finish the evening with the some
cellared stickies that are ready to be enjoyed around the fireplace.
We had a wonderful time.
Some of the Canapes by Epicuria Fine Foods:
- Roasted Zucchini Roulade / Chevre / Tomato / Scallion
- Achiote Chicken Skewer / Chimichurri
- Short Rib Arancini / Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- Smoked Salmon, Hot Smoked Candied Salmon, Trout Rillette, and Chili Garlic Shrimp
- Savoury Dips and Flatbread Platter
- Selection of Quebec Artisan Cheese, Aged Chedder, Blue Costello, La Savagine and more
ANZWS 2014 Christmas cheer event - 10 wines
- NZ - Oyster Bay Sparklng Rose Cuvee LCBO/Vin - ANZWS Cellar #163634
- Aust - The Black Chook Sparkling Shiraz - ANZWS Cellar #V221986
- Aust - Mount Adams Edan Valley Riesling, 2010 Mount Adams #V288266
- NZ - Marisco "The Kings Bastard" Chardonnay 2012 #V00393694
- NZ - Bel Echo Pinot Noir, Clos Henri #V159137
- Aust - Formby & Adams Leading Horse Cab Sauv 2007 ANZWS Cellar #V28750
- NZ - Villa Maria Reserve Cab Sauv Merlot 2008, Gimblett Gravels #V02387
- Aust - Gem Tree Vineyards, Bloodstone Shiraz 2005, ANZWS cellar
- Aust - Grant Buge Tawny Port - ANZWS President's cellar
- Aust - Grant Burge 10 yr old Muscat, 1998, ANZWS Cellar
Stuart Barclay appointed GM Market Development
Andreas Clark, Acting Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Grape and Wine Authority (AGWA) today announced that Stuart Barclay has been appointed General Manager – Market Development and will commence on 17 November 2014.
Clark said "We're very pleased Stuart has agreed to take on this key leadership role. Stuart's background, deep knowledge and experience in the Australian and global wine industries see him well qualified to take on this role. Stuart was selected following a comprehensive and rigorous recruitment process and I congratulate him on this appointment."
Barclay said "I'm honoured to be appointed to this role and I look forward to supporting the Australian grape and wine sector on a path to sustained prosperity."
Barclay is currently the National Merchandise Manager (The Wine Quarter) for the Woolworths Liquor Group. He is an accomplished wine professional with more than 16 years'' experience in the UK and Australian wine industries.
With a strong background in wine product management having 10 years' senior management experience at the Cellarmasters Group, Barclay will bring to the role an in-depth knowledge of wine production, wine marketing and buying across different divisions, consumer segments and branded banners.
Click here to read the full article and for more links.
Renewing or Want To Join Us? - the more the merrier!
If you would like to renew or join our membership (you don't have to be an Aussie or a Kiwi by the way),
just click on the membership link.
Come on, it's that easy, don't be shy - we'd love to have you join us!
Cheers and a big Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi to you all!
Karina, Brian, Mary, Steve, Gary, Rebecca, Phil, Stuart and Phil.